Each year at this time we all take a moment between the yams and pumpkin pie to think of all the things for which we are thankful. It is also the time of year when the President pardons a turkey. Usually the turkey is sent off to the country to live his days in the turkey approximation of heaven on earth. This year's turkey through some contract negotiation between the White House and ABC is being shipped off to Disney World, where it will soon be replacing Michael Eisner on the Disney Board of Directors.
Just imagine if you will readers, the visitors to the Jungle Cruise being greeted not by a crazed hippo but the haunting gobble-gobble as they round the bend in the river in Darkest Orlando. Or perhaps the tiny villagers of It's a Small World being terrorized by a scale sized Rodan like turkey pecking away at the small blond Scandinavians. Operation Enduring Turkey Freedom always brings a small tear to my eye.
I invite any of you kind readers to share either what you are thankful for this year or who in the Rorschach Family you would like to offer a pardon to for past crimes or misdemeanors.
Here is my list of what I am thankful for this year regarding Rorschach Theatre:
1. The warm feeling of success each night as I leave the stage at curtain call, for not having accidentally cut any members of the audience.
2. The secret clause in the Rorschach Company member contract that says company members must marry company members. Remember you said yes Chomko! I have witnesses!
3. Getting to wear a dress every night which is made of synthetic yak hair and instead of absorbing sweat has it bead across its surface like the hood of a just polished Ford Mustang.
4. Getting to work with a group of actors who do not know the meaning of the word fear. Unfortunately they also don't understand the meaning of the words personal space either. Stop stepping on my feet for God's sake!
5. Finally I am most thankful for the fact that Stage Management Team still laughs at the show after having seen it nearly 20 times. I don't even think I am that funny.