Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Get to Know Robbie Hayes

1. What is your job in References to Salvador Dali Make Me Hot?
Scenic Designer (or the person in charge of creating problems the lighting designer)
2. Have you ever worked for Rorschach before and how?
Nope...

3. Do you have any recurring dreams and if so what are they about?
I can't say that I have this that often, but sometimes I am on a beach and different zoo animals (zebras, elephants, penguins, flamingos, etc) come and set up blankets, umbrellas, coolers, etc. Nothing really happens, it's just a nice day a the beach, with lions and tigers and bears...
4. Other than Dali which painters turn you on?

5. Have you been doing any special research for the show?
Mosaic sculptor Benny Bufano, but mostly looked at images of broken or cracked glass, cracked desert, tank treads, Dali (well, duh), Barstow itself, etc.


6. Who is the biggest celebrity you have ever met and how?
He isn't the biggest celeb, but certainly the most interesting. George Wendt, or Norm from Cheers. Only because Cheers was just one of those shows I had to watch growing up because it was really great. He was in a show I worked on at Northlight Theatre in Chicago. He is a real piece of work, but a really funny guy.
7. In a steel-cage-no-holds-barred-death match which character in Dali would win?
I'm gonna go out on a limb here. The Moon. Cuz it the frickin Moon. And it plays the violin. (maybe) But if the moon where a mouse, and the cat was the earth, then....
8. What is the most impossible thing that happens in the play?
That the Moon will actually play the violin. :) (Editor: It is much better that he only sings)
9. If you could live inside of any painting what would it be?
I know this is a cop out, but Corn Hill by Edward Hopper because my wife and I actually spent a week on that spot on Cape Cod in Truro. It was beautiful and we want to go back....
10. If you had a theme song what would it be?
If I had a boat by Lyle Lovett

No comments: