Tuesday, November 28, 2006

MONSTER Closing

We had some pretty decent crowds this weekend for the final performances of MONSTER. We are gearing up now for Rough Magic and I hope to have some information for you very soon. Remember that Rorschach is still selling Season Subscriptions for the last three shows of the Season for just $44.00 or $32.00 for Students/Seniors. I have one last Ask the Cast to do today for Mr. Paul McLane, a three show Rorschach Vet.

1. Where are you from, originally?

I was born in Hell's Kitchen on the west side of New York at a hospital now known as St. Vincent's Midtown (the first child of a New Jersey-born airline employee named Jim and a Brooklyn-born nurse named Terry who can kick your ass). It's as close as I'm likely to come to Broadway.

2. Where did you go to school?

Westfield, New Jersey, for secondary school and the University of Delaware for my communication degree. I've also studied at the Theatre Lab and Studio Theatre Conservatory. But I teach in the school of love.

3. What is the last book you read for fun?

"Ladies and Gentlemen, The Bronx Is Burning," about the year 1977 in NYC.

4. When you first learned that you would be working on MONSTER, what was the first thought that crossed your mind?

Whether I'd get to kiss Clerval.

5. If you could reanimate anyone, who would it be and why?

Johnny Cash, absolutely my demigod. The rest of the world just now seems to be catching up.

6. As a kid, what was your favorite Halloween candy?

Clark bars.

7. What tune is going on your "Awesome MixTape 2006."?

I heard Shawn Colvin and Brandi Carlisle sing a superb duet at the Birchmere last night of "Calling All Angels," a tune that had been done by kd lang and Jane Siberrry

8. What story of primal horror would you like to see Rorschach stage next year?

"Hamlet" featuring Jeremy Goren as Hamlet, me as the evil uncle king and Jason Linkins as the gravedigger (a part he was born for).

9. What are your words to live by?

No one ever said it better: Do unto others...

10. I'm going to quote you out of context. Okay? Go.

I once burned down a pair of Porta Potties.

11. What's something you do in every show to maximize the audience's fear?

Walk on stage.

12. Why DID Victor give the Creature a [REDACTED]?

He was hard up for ideas.

No comments: