Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Get to Know Rachel Miller 2 (or is it 3)

Three time dramaturg and Rorschach post card model Rachel Miller and her answers to the 7 questions of Get to Know Me. I have lots of news this week due to this being the final weekend for Kit Marlowe, so look here in the mornings and the afternoons for Get to Know Me's and other Kit Marlowe and Rorschach news.

1. What is your position, role or roles in Kit Marlowe?

I am the L1 of “Team Dramaturgy”(The Dramaturg)

2. Is this your first go around at the Rorschach rodeo? If no what have you done for us before? If yes, what has surprised you the most about working for us?

No way is this my first time with Rorschach! I have previously contributed dramaturgically to fan-tabulously fun projects as The Arabian Night and Rough Magic.

3. If this play were a Beatle which one would it be and why?

This play is the Beatles– entertaining, captivating,with very moving and poetic depths.

4. What feature of Marlowe's London should Rorschach duplicate to really enhance the audience'sexperience?

I think we should have a real bear.

5. What was your best/worst haircut or body modification for a part in a play? For the designers what is the weirdest thing a director ever asked you to include in your design?

When I was in high school I got to play Jo in Little Women and I gladly cut my hair to a very nasty-short bob to play the part. I can’t say the modification itself looked really bad– but the pain that my scalp went through in order to attach the hair-piece I had to wear for the first half of the show (seriously, I had enough bobby pins in my hair to set off a whole team of metal detectors) was the type of torturous pain that only a truly devoted actor would subject herself to for the sake of a community theatre production.

6. If you could go out for a wild night on the town with Kit Marlowe, where would you go and what would you do?

Eh... Laughing Lizard Lounge in Alexandria for some $2.50 PBR's. I think he would feel quite at home there.

7. Can you think of worse way of being killed thanbeing stabbed in the eye? If so how?

I dread the thought of being stabbed in the neck with a spoon. Anyone who’s seen Murder in the First will totally know what I’m talking about.

No comments: