Friday, March 10, 2006

One More for the Road

As I mentioned before the first reading of A Bright Room Called Day is tomorrow in the way to damn early on a Saturday morning. Rahaleh is the director and these are the fine people who are bringing the show to life:

PRODUCED BY Randy Baker and Jenny McConell Frederick

FEATURING Company Members Lindsay Allen, Elizabeth Chomko and Grady Weatherford, with Katie Atkinson, Matthew Dunphy, Lauren Krizner, Cam Magee, Alexander Strain and Ellen Young

DESIGNED BY Franklin Labovitz (Costumes), Jacob Muehlhausen (Set), Matt Nielson (Sound), Nathaniel John Sebastian Sinnott (Lights), Becky Trotter (Props) and Amy Kleist (Technical Director)

STAGE MANAGED BY Vivian Woodland

DRAMATURGY BY Hannah Hessel

You will get to know these people quite well as we approach our opening on April 22nd. But I have one more profile for you and it's a good one. To celebrate the start of Bright Room rehearsals I present, Helen Hayes nominated actress Ms. Lindsay Allen. When I first met Lindsay she was whoring it up in the front lobby of the WJCC. I slapped Jon Cohn and he slapped Lindsay, see this is how the cycle of abuse starts people.

Lindsay has held my hand through some rough times and I know she will thrill you all as she returns to a role in Bright Room that I know she will kick up one side of Casa and down the other. She has had roles in Rhinoceros, God of Vengeance, A Clearing in the Woods and Master and Margarita. She is always fantastic and I must use the word yummy! There I said it.

1. Place of birth?

Belmont, MA, USA

2. First experience in theater?

The Christmas Revels - playing "the itty-bitty baby wrapped in swaddlin' clothin lyin' in a manger" at 6 weeks old. Either that, or I was just being passed around during the "Twelve Days." After that, I don't think that I did another play until we did an original "opera" when I was in second grade. We memorized the lines - sorry, libretto, but then made up the music as we went along. People actually had to sit throuhg it. My character was named "Peonie." Haha! Beaten only by the time I played a Puerto Rican woman from the South Bronx. Lindsay from the block! Excuse me, um, I'm so sorry to bother you, but is that block somewhere in New England?

3. Where you went to school?

Shady Hill School - Cambridge, MA
Milton Academy (Oh! Say it isn't so!) - Milton, MA
New York University - New York, NY
Barnard College - New York, NY
Skidmore College/BADA - London England
Georgetown University - Washington, DC

Various other educational programs - yes there were more.

4. What do you do?

Acting - daily at a law firm near you. I am fairly useless with a drill, a hammer, a needle and thread or cable of any kind, but apparently I am very good at making wealthy people even wealthier. Perhaps I should have tried Enron.

5. What was your first experience with Rorschach?

Oh! C'est un rhinoceros!

6. Company member you would most like to be if you were not yourself?

I'll take no part in such "popularity contests"...

7. Some story about working on a Rorschach play that either made you laugh or touched you deeply?

"Mrs. Boeuf, I think you dropped your hair." Being reprimanded for focus by Scot McKenzie is like being told by Slash that you have a drug problem. Rhinoceros Tech. Fionathon? Shocking Emerie with Showgirls. Wanna read my grad school essay on the opening night of Clearing in the Woods? Psyching Jessi with MJ. The list goes on and on...

8. Where do you think Rorschach will be in the next ten years?

Doing the Tempest over and over again for tourists in the Virgin Islands. Probably in the style of Wayang Kulit.

9. What is your favorite Rorschach show that you were not in?

Beard of Avon

10. Scott McCormick harmless adolecent or world conquering super villain?

Depends on how many waffles or how many beers he's had.

No comments: