Thursday, March 02, 2006

It's the Accent Really

I want to tell you all something. Hugh T. Owen is actually from Ohio. I know you all love the accent, but take away the accent and all you are left with is a man who runs a lot and pops his collar. And I for one know that if he popped his collar and did not have accent I would punch him hard.

I love him sure, he has helped me through some rough patches and amuses me to no end, but let's be serious, take away the good looks, the talent and the heart and all you are left with is a pair of running shoes and an inability to correctly say the word bannana. He has been a part of some of Rorschach's most sexy shows, Lord of the Flies and A Clearing in the Woods. He was also the part of Behold! that made me laugh so hard I nearly had to change pants. "Kelpew?"

If you want to join him as he journies to yet another Marathon go to his blog, he would love the company I am sure. Which leaves just one last question, "What are you running from Hugh? What are you running from?"

1. Place of birth?

Shefflied, England

2. First experience in theater?

Boy, Henry V, age 12

3. Where you went to school?

Kimbolton, Cambridgeshire

4. What do you do?

Actor

5. What was your first experience with Rorschach?

Lord of the Flies

6. Company member you would most like to be if you were not yourself?

Is Steven Gerard a company member?

7. Some story about working on a Rorschach play that either made you laugh or touched you deeply?

I laughed a lot on stage during Behold! when i was supposed to be keeping a straight face.

8. Where do you think Rorschach will be in the next ten years?

Washington DC. Probably. Almost definitely America.

9. What is your favorite Rorschach show that you were not in?

The bits of Lord of the Flies that i was not in.

10. Scott McCormick harmless adolecsent or world conquering super villain?

Who?

1 comment:

The Deceiver said...

I'd like to say that when I was offered a place in Rorschach's company, I was adamant about one thing: "It's no deal unless you make Hugh Owen the same offer as me. You got that? No deal! Because there's just no way I can consider this to be a superior operation, one that's built for the future and making serious theatre unless I know that Owen is a part of it, because a serious theatre would do whatever it takes to bring him into the fold. That's my condition. You make THAT happen, and yeah, sure, we can talk about me joining up, too."

That is, I would LIKE to say that, but I can't. Because that's not how it went down. Honestly, I was pretty stunned they were even asking me! For sure, I thought someone was either drunk or Rara was punking me. And I gotta tell you, if it came down to me being in OR Hugh being in, well, I would have sold that Coldplay loving fool out in a heartbeat.

But, it's nice to see everything worked out, just the same.