There are a lot of folks working on these three shows. Some of them old like me and some of them new to our little corner of this business called show. Like our first participant in this summer edition of Get to Know, Sara Barker.
Sara has been impressing critics and audiences alike, as they say in those movie commercials, with her role in This Storm is What We Call Progress. What makes this young lady tick? I don't know and these questions probably do very little to make that clear, but it does give you a scratch at the scratch-and-sniff that is her soul. Enjoy!
1. What is your name, role/job and on which show are you working?
Sara Barker, I play Lily in This Storm is What We Call Progress
2. Is this your first time at Rorschach? If no, what have you done with those crazy kids before?
This is my first time with the crazy kids. Wooohooo!
3. Besides your show which of the Exile shows are you most interested in?
Dream Sailors . . . wondering if it will include pointers on lucid dreaming . . .
4. Tell us what has been your favorite part about working in the comfort of Georgetown University?
Refrigeration - it makes it fun to go outside and thaw . . . and our fantastic ASM Alex Aki, who is a Georgetown student. It's also clean. Stuff works. Bathrooms have toilet paper . . . there are just so many nice things about it.
5. What has been the biggest challenge you have faced either designing, directing, managing or acting in this particular show?
Finding my shoes during the blackout after scene 11 . . .
6. Who is your favorite character historical or fictional who was placed in Exile?
Prince Myshkin from The Idiot - not sure he counts since the novel begins with his return to Russia and his exile was not entirely forced upon him . . . he's pretty much my favorite character of all time though so I'd like to bend the rules to include him.
7. In a fight which cast would win?
That's easy, we've got the Lady with the Silver Skin, who'd of course use her mega magical powers to do to everyone what she does to Adam in the show.
8. Why should people come and see your show?
Blind knife fighting.