Friday, November 17, 2006

Linkins asks Linkins

I never get tired of Jason Linkins. There are many people in this world that I can not say the same of but I need me a does of Linkins about every couple of weeks or I start to go into withdrawal. Here he asks himself the questions and slngs back the answer. Remember this is the second to last weekend before MONSTER closes. Don't miss it!

1. Where are you from, originally?

Washington, DC

2. Where did you go to school?

The University of Virginia and, later, Virginia Commonwealth University.

3. What is the last book you read for fun?

How Soccer Explains The World, by Franklin Foer

4. When you first learned that you would be working on MONSTER, what was the first thought that crossed your mind?

OH CRAP. I HAVE TO GET ON A BOAT AGAIN??

5. If you could reanimate anyone, who would it be and why?

Paul Wellstone, for the obvious reasons.

6. As a kid, what was your favorite Halloween candy?

Hershey's SPECIAL DARK. They just seemed so EXOTIC. Also, like my friend Sommer, I believe Krackel to be heaven-sent.

7. What tune is going on your "Awesome MixTape 2006."?

All of these:
The Strokes, "You Only Live Once"
The Dresden Dolls, "Delilah"
Bishop Allen, "Flight 180"
Rainer Maria, "Catastrophe Keeps Us Together"
Keane, "Is It Any Wonder"
Jarvis Cocker, "[REDACTEDS] are Still Running The World"
The Hold Steady, "Stuck Between Stations"
Middle Distance Runner, "Naturally"
The Daybreak Line, "Bleeding Hearts"

8. What story of primal horror would you like to see Rorschach stage next year?

Tuesdays With Morrie, by Mitch Albom

9. What are your words to live by?

"This is how it works: You're young until you're not. You love until you don't. You try until you can't. You laugh until you cry. You cry until you laugh. And everyone must breathe until their dying breath. And this is how it works: You peer inside yourself. You take the things you like, and try to love the things you took. And then you take that love you made, and stick it into someone else's heart, pumping someone else's blood. And, walking arm in arm, you hope it don't get harmed. But even if it does, you'll just do it all again." --Regina Spektor

10. I'm going to quote you out of context. Okay? Go.

I had never dipped them into the gravy before that day...now, I can't help myself.

11. What's something you do in every show to maximize the audience's fear?

I bury ancient Indian remains under their seats.

12. Why DID Victor give the Creature a [REDACTED]?

I think the real question is, how did he learn to use it just from reading Paradise Lost?

No comments: