Please remember that this is the final weekend of MONSTER coming up. And I know many people head out of town for the Holiday Weekend, but there are also a bunch of you who I know will be around this weekend with out of town guests. Bring them to see MONSTER, you will thank me.
Megan Reichelt is the Stage Manager of our happy cast of misfits. And by misfits I refer you to the ancient greek meaning of the word, which meant lovely bunch of people who are quite mad you know. Megan as the stage manager is responsible for making sure the show runs smoothly and that the lights and sound cues are called at the appropriate times. Which in a show like MONSTER can be quite an undertaking (excuse the pun unless you thought it was funny). Please note she is the only person who has answered this survey who has found it necessary to curse.
1. Where are you from, originally?
Balmer, Merlin, hon!
2. Where did you go to school?
Ye Olde Catholic University of America.
3. What is the last book you read for fun?
I've been tryingtryingtrying to read some non-fiction books (The Pirate Queen, Playing Joan), but it hasn't been working very well. Last book I completed was Good Omens by Terry Prachett and Neil Gaiman (soooo good!!). Right now I'm starting The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay which Jeremy lent me. Read it! Its awesome!
4. When you first learned that you would be working on MONSTER, what was the first thought that crossed your mind?
"YAAAAAAAAAAAY!" Then, "Oh sh*t!" Then "YAAAAAAY!" again.
5. If you could reanimate anyone, who would it be and why?
Shakespeare. I've always wanted to just sit down and have a beer with him.
6. As a kid, what was your favorite Halloween candy?
Chocolaaate. Anything. Processed dairy product and mashed caco bean goodness.
7. What tune is going on your "Awesome MixTape 2006."?
"Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" - KT Tunstall
8. What story of primal horror would you like to see Rorschach stage next year?
Dear Brutus by J.M Barrie... that's not really primal though.....more dark magicy.... A version of Jekyll and Hyde? Dracula's always sexy and bloodspattered. That's what Rorschach needs. More blood.
9. What are your words to live by?
"All will be well." - Julian of Norwich
10. I'm going to quote you out of context. Okay? Go.
All my life, I have wanted to seriously pummel somebody. Not hurt them. Just pummel them.
11. What's something you do in every show to maximize the audience's fear?
I press "Go."
12. Why DID Victor give the Creature a [REDACTED]?
Little monsters! We have one in the booth. Little squiddy guy. Name of Ivan the Bleeeeeegh.