Friday, November 24, 2006

Cast Picture

Have you ever seen a happier group of actors, designers and crew in your life? Well maybe once or twice in my life but I have lived a life full of happy casts. These are the folks who are going to be finishing their run of MONSTER this weekend.

You know what would make them even happier? A couple of sold out shows this weekend. Have you seen MONSTER? Have you seen it twice? If you answered no to either one of these questions, I don't even know you any more. Who are you and what are doing reading this blog? Fine person you are reading a blog and not seeing the shows that it documents in gorey detail.

I can only tell you what I know, and that is that there were three adaptations of Frankenstein on stage this season and only one of them did I bother to go see. And that one is closing on Sunday. Get yourself over to Casa and see this show before it is over or I swear by all that is good in this world you will regret not seeing some of the best performances on stage in DC and what I consider to be the finest bit of directing that Randy Baker has done so far.

Shows tonight at 8pm, Saturday at 4 and 8pm and Sunday at 7pm.

And while you are shopping today might I recommend a Season Subscription to the rest of Rorschach's Season 7. We still have Rough Magic, References to Salvador Dali Make Me Hot and birds. this season and you can see all three for just $44.00 or less than half what it would cost you to get good seats at the Shakespeare theater. Remember at Rorschach you are never more than 15 feet away from the action on stage (not an actual measurement but a number I pulled out of a hat). Give the gift of theater this Holiday Season and you will be surprised by how appreciative people can be.

You may now return to your left overs and shopping! Monday I will have the final installment of Ask the Cast and pics from the cast party. See you at the theatre!

No comments: