Today marks the return of an old favorite feature, Ask the Cast. Roving blogger Jason Linkins has composed a list of questions for the cast and crew of MONSTER to answer. So far the only two people to get back to us are Assitant Stage Manager, Jillian Levine-Sisson and cast member Ryan Nealy. Since one of them is the blogger's girlfriend (I am not saying which one) I have waited until a couple of these bad boys made their way into my inbox. So without much further ado here is the first in an inderminately long series of Ask the Cast of Monster.
Ryan Nealy is the first on the block that is him on the left being lifted into the air by the blond guy. Enjoy!
1. Where are you from, originally?
Born in Manhattan, raised in Nutley, New Jersey
2. Where did you go to school?
3. What is the last book you read for fun?
Well fun might be the wrong word, but Surviving Auschwitz, by Primo Levi
4. When you first learned that you would be working on MONSTER, what was the first thought that crossed your mind?
Oh man...I auditioned for a show called Monster?
5. If you could reanimate anyone, who would it be and why?
I guess John Lennon pre Yoko...he might be fun to talk to
6. As a kid, what was your favorite Halloween candy?
7. What tune is going on your "Awesome MixTape 2006"?
I don't know, but if the woman in the cubicle next to me doesn't stop playing James Blunt and Black Eyed Peas all day long someone will get hurt.
8. What story of primal horror would you like to see Rorschach stage next year?
How many primal horror plays are there?
9. What are your words to live by?
It's nice to eat the pickles, but sometimes you just gotta drink the juice.
10. I'm going to quote you out of context. Okay? Go.
If you high five your date, it's not a good date
11. What's something you do in every show to maximize the audience's fear?
12. Why DID Victor give the Creature a [REDACTED]?
What does redacted mean?