Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Ask Jillian Levine-Sisson

Monster has some great technical support. A fantastic stage manager in Megan Reichelt and a spunky young gal name of Jillian serving as Assistant Stage Manager and Sound Board Op.

Here are Jillian's answers to Jason Linkin's Quiz of Doom:

1. Where are you from, originally?

Some would say Mars, others Washington Hospital Center via my mothers' womb.

2. Where did you go to school?


Bradley Hills Elementary, Thomas W. Pyle Middle, Walt Whitman High, Kenyon College, The School for Scandal (ongoing).

3. What is the last book you read for fun?


Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

4. When you first learned that you would be working on MONSTER, what was the first thought that crossed your mind?


"G-D I really hope that Jason Linkins will be a part of this project.... for if he isnt, I'll be so SCURRRRRED."

5. If you could reanimate anyone, who would it be and why?


No clue, but it would probably be really cool if I could reanimate someone as a present for a friend. "Merry Chirstmas! Here's the reanimated Humphrey Bogart just for you!"

6. As a kid, what was your favorite Halloween candy?


I was not allowed to keep my Haloween candy as a child... this is what happens when your mother is a dentist. I didnt actually taste cotton candy until I was in college. But my favorite candy to hide in the various folds and pockets of my costume were Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.

7. What tune is going on your "Awesome MixTape 2006."?


"Take Your Mama" by Scissor Sisters or "I Hear the Bells" by Mike Doughty


8. What story of primal horror would you like to see Rorschach stage next year?


A staged adaptation of Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room

9. What are your words to live by?


"It is important to remember to always believe in love... and sandwiches.... but mostly love... and sandwiches."

10. I'm going to quote you out of context. Okay? Go.


And I said to him "I'm not taking my clothes off for ANYONE... even if it is ARTISTIC!"

11. What's something you do in every show to maximize the audience's fear?


I get to push a button that makes a gunshot happen in the first half hour of the show. Megan and I always look out over the crowd to watch the people jump.


12. Why DID Victor give the Creature a [REDACTED]?


I think the more important question here isnt why the monster was given a REDACTED, but whether or not director Randy Baker explored the question of RECACTEDs with actor Bobby Rector while exploring this artistic moment in the play. Did Randy ask Bobby to go home one night after rehearsal and examine why HE, BOBBY was given a REDACTED and how he therefore felt about the creatures REDACTED? Are Bobby and the creatures REDACTEDS linked? I would like to think that a great deal of time and contemplation was spent on this.... yes, yes I would. . .

No comments: