We have been playing to some very responsive and loving houses. Check out our cool advertisement on the DCist and the one with the trailer on DC Theater Reviews. And what better way to continue the love for MONSTER, than to continue our on going series Ask the Cast. Today we talk to Tiernan Madorno. Tiernan plays Justine the doomed servant in the House of Frankenstein.
1. Where are you from, originally?
2. Where did you go to school?
University of Maryland, College Park
3. What is the last book you read for fun?
"Skyscraper" by 'Zane'
4. When you first learned that you would be working on MONSTER, what was the first thought that crossed your mind?
"Sweet! A chick flick!"
5. If you could reanimate anyone, who would it be and why?
I'm sure this comes at little suprise to some, but I'd have to bring back the one true king, Elvis Aaron Presley. From avid nine year old fan, to present day black female impersonator there's really no other worthy of reanimation in my mind!
6. As a kid, what was your favorite Halloween candy?
Those carmel apple pop thingies that got stuck all over your teeth.
7. What tune is going on your "Awesome MixTape 2006." ?
"Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego" and The Folgers coffee jingle by Rock-a-pella.
8. What story of primal horror would you like to see Rorschach stage next year?
Waking me up in the morning.
9. What are your words to live by?
"Risk more than others think is safe, Care more than others think is wise, Dream more than others think is practical, Expect more than others think is possible." -Cadet Maxim
10. I'm going to quote you out of context. Okay? Go.
"The best part of wakin' up, is Folgers in your cup! Yeah man! Haaaaaaaaaay-oooooooo! I've got an armor plated Rhinoceros what??? AND All the other wonderfully age appropriate comments I make while doing Bobby's make-up every night!:)"
11. What's something you do in every show to maximize the audience's fear?
Each night Justine enjoys sticking it to Elizabeth by graphically enhancing her 'incident' with Victor in the cellar.
12. Why DID Victor give the Creature a [REDACTED]?
I am sooooooooo not the one to be answering that question.........but I do wonder what goes through Creature's head when he carries a dead Justine off stage........ I mean everybody needs love right??!!