Thursday, May 18, 2006

What is up with Cindy?

So I ran into Ms. Katie Atkinson yesterday afternoon at a call back for another theater (I would tell you it was Theater J but they seem to be getting a lot of plugs here these days and I don't want them to get cocky). Any way she mentioned that her sister who she lives with has not come and seen A Bright Room Called Day. A show where Katie quite literally breaks my heart a little bit (To be honest the whole cast breaks my heart, so that I am left with only enough heart to limp my way up 16th Street and try and live and love with only about 10% of my heart intact after watching this play.)

Cindy I promised Katie I wouldn't say anything. She said you get enough grief from her already on this issue. But then she mentioned that she had a friend taking a bus down from New York yesterday to see the show and I have to be honest it made me ask the question, "What is up with Cindy?" I know we all get busy and it is May Sweeps, but come on Cindy, Katie said you told her you were going to see Bright Room last night and then suddenly plans change and you are doing something else.

Cindy I think I know what is going on here and believe me I have been there too. You make a plan and then you realize that Alias is on or Lost or that reality show with Tori Spelling and you just can't take the chance that the VCR or the Tivo won't record it. But Cindy, you could have asked me, I taped Lost and I would have taped Alias if you had asked. You could have come out and supported the sister that loves you but you stayed home and watched Jennnifer Garner kill like her 200th skeezey looking European of the Season. I don't want to get involved in whatever problems the two of you are having right now, but just know that I am here to help.

You see ladies and gentlemen I am not just the blogger, I am a person who cares. My position at Rorschach has sometimes been compared to Julie on the Love Boat and just as she helped Tom Bosely find love with Charo, I am here for all of you.

So Cindy, don't be afraid to ask for help. If there is anything I can do to make sure you get to see your sister's show, you let me know. I will do it! You need a show taped, I will tape it. You need the dog walked, I will walk it. You need someone to take your place on a blind date, I will date it. Because we at Rorschach are a family. Sure it has more in common with the Mansons than the Bradys but we all got one another's backs. And at the end of the day isn't that what we all want, someone who has got your back? See you at the show Cindy. See you at the show indeed!

Final Weekend People! Shows Tonight and Friday at 8pm. No show Saturday due to impending Manson Family Wedding. Shows on Sunday at 4pm and 8pm and then we are done. Don't miss it!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Oh the irony in this blog is killing me. And you WILL see me tonight, you will indeed!