Monday, May 15, 2006

Hello Darlin'


This is the part of the blog where I tell you about my feelings about the company member and what they have meant to Rorschach. With Tracy Lynn Olivera I could go on and on about her talent, about a sense of humor that makes me blush sometimes and about a voice that makes nightingales commit suicide without leaving a note.

She has only been on Rorschach's stage twice and yet I can not think of the company without thinking of her. She along with Lindsay Allen, Yasmin Tuazon and Caroline Kellogg she was one of my girls in God of Vengeance, then she abandoned Tim Getman in JB as his long suffering wife. She now works around town and has thrilled audiences at Arena and Signature. And if we ever do a musical I am sure she will be the main ingredient. The one and only Tracy:

1. Place of birth?

Palm Springs, CA

2. First experience in theater?

I played Mother Goose in Mother Goose's Magic Feather. I believe I fell asleep on stage for most of it, woke up and had one line.

3. Where you went to school?

The Catholic University of America. Wow, that looks really scary when it's written out.

4. What do you do?

Um, theatre. Mostly musicals, actually. And I teach in the Musical Theatre Department at The Catholic University of America. (Holy crap, there it is again....)

5. What was your first experience with Rorschach?

I played a mostly naked jewish lesbian prostitute in God of Vengeance. Kind of like Mother Goose, but cooler.

6. Company member you would most like to be if you were not yourself?

Hmm, I think Michael John Casey. Ooh, ooh, or Lauren Hyland. She has fantastic hair.

7. Some story about working on a Rorschach play that either made you laugh or touched you deeply?

I can't think of a specific story at the moment (except for the time I "Sharon Stoned" Joe Banno during GOV, or the time I "Sharon Stoned" the stage manager of JB--that seems to be a theme....), but I can say that some of my dearest friendships in the world were forged during my experiences with Rorschach. Seriously. Good people.

8. Where do you think Rorschach will be in the next ten years?

Joy Zinnoman, move the f*** over. And doing more musicals.

9. What is your favorite Rorschach show that you were not in?

I think Lord of the Flies. I loved that show.

10. Scott McCormick harmless adolescent or world conquering super villain?

I don't like trick questions. If I answer "harmless adolescent," and I'm wrong, I'll probably get killed. If I answer "world conquering super villian," and I'm right, same result. I'll respectfully abstain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw "The Last Five Years" twice (I know, not a Rorschach show) just to hear her sing "Still Hurting" one more time. Rorschach, do a musical, give her the lead. These small parts at Ford's and Arena are killin' me :-)