Monday, October 22, 2007

Get to Know Roni Lancaster II

What a week it will be! Pay-What-You-Can Previews for Kit Marlowe start on Thursday this time around, so those of you who are used to having a PWYC on Wednesday, you have the night off plan on Thursday, Friday or Saturday.

Opening Night is Sunday at 7pm.

Get it? Got it? Good.

We have a return appearance here on the Get to Know Me Show. Roni Lancaster returns for her turn upon the wheel of fate. Here are Roni's answers from her birds interview, let's see what tid-bits she shares this time. Enjoy!

1. What is your position, role or roles in Kit Marlowe?

Sound Designer

2. Is this your first go around at the Rorschach rodeo? If no what have you done for us before? If yes, what has surprised you the most about working for us?

Nope. This is my second go-round. My last time at this rodeo was as TD for birds. (And a partial time before that I lent a hand and a paint brush to Dali.)

3. If this play were a Beatle which one would it be and why?

Hmm. I'd have to say the scarab beetle. There's all that mythology about creation, and living forever, and transformation and stuff. (The golden tortoise beetle would be my next choice, because it so like a chameleon...but the scarab has a lot more interesting facets to it.)

beat . . .

Oh...wait! You were asking about The Beatles....well, in that case, I would have to say the play is more like the 5th Beatle. I forget his name...Pete, or Stuart, or George, or maybe it was Neil...

4. What feature of Marlowe's London should Rorschach duplicate to really enhance the audience's experience?

The smell. We already play around with the "look" and the "sound" of that time period. I say Rorschach should go for broke and make it as authentically smelly as possible.

5. For the designers what is the weirdest thing a director ever asked you to include in your design?

I was once asked to create the sound of "musty water." (That required a little interpretation.)

6. If you could go out for a wild night on the town with Kit Marlowe, where would you go and what would you do? Kit Marlowe living up the night life?

Nope. I don't see it happening. He strikes me as the kind of guy to sit at home in his footy pajamas, veggin' on the couch, watchin' a movie...

7. Can you think of worse way of being killed than being stabbed in the eye? If so how?

Well, honestly, I can't say that I think being killed in any fashion would be very pleasant. I'm kind of attached to living. Tho I do suppose anything slow and painfully drawn out would be worse than in the eye. Drowning in one's own blood comes to mind. Or memories of that scene in Braveheart where he is eviscerated slowly.

No comments: