Monday, October 29, 2007

Open Wide Kit

Kit Marlowe opened last night and I was not there.

But I got Friday night off from my pro-wrestling gig so I headed over to Casa to see the second PWYC of Kit.

There is an argument to be made that this blog is a tool for marketing shows and that anything I say about a show that Rorschach is producing is suspect and probably me praising things that I do not actually like. That argument can be made and you as the smart reader of this blog are wise to take anything I say here with a grain of salt. I will mention however that while there are some Rorschach shows I am less in love with than others, I really have loved every show I have ever seen at Rorschach.

Maybe it is the time that I know is invested, the people whose work I respect, the very nature of the material we choose to present or just the fact that I feel we are doing the kind of work that needs to be done.

That disclaimer out of the way, I am going to gush about Kit Marlowe for a little bit.

This show is wonderful. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. It always seems when every time I am faced with artistic challenges outside of the Company, Rorschach comes through for me and reminds me why we do plays. It was the same thing with Family Stories, and now I think you will all find the beauty that I did in Kit Marlowe.

The show continues its run this weekend, Thursday, Friday and Saturday all at 8pm. Click here for tickets. I will post the reviews as they come along.

No comments: