Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Get to Know Jesse Terrill
Ladies and Gentlemen we have content. I took the time to write up a Get to Know the Cast of Kit Marlowe questionaire and stuff poured in like stuff that pours real good.
Special thanks to Randy for distributing the questions and a big thank you to Emeley and Jillian for contributing some of the questions. Emeley, I know you left a number of other questions but I stole the best and will save the others for another time.
The answer to yesterday's Name the Show and Name the Actor was in fact Lindsay Allen in A Bright Room Called Day. So 1 point to Jillian.
First on the block today is one of the two Rorschach Alums taking the stage for the first show of Season 8. Jesse Terrill (he is the one in the center above) has been a friend of mine for a longer time now than either of us care to admit. Let's just say he had more hair back then and if I was dating a woman 9 years my junior then I would be in jail. A gifted composer, actor and inveterate trouble maker (ask him about a certain inappropriate display of affection at an Ohio Turnpike rest stop sometime) Jesse is a treasure and a joy to have in any cast.
1. What is your position, role or roles in Kit Marlowe?
I play the role of Frizer: a noble, intelligent servingman brutalized cruelly by an evil, calculating Marlowe.
2. Is this your first go around at the Rorschach rodeo? If no what have you done for us before? If yes, what has surprised you the most about working for us?
I've worked with Rorschach on several occasions, as an actor and composer. Started with acting in The Illusion. Music for Ubu Roi, Beard of Avon, J.B. Acted in Myth Appropriations and a reading of Gilgamesh.
3. If this play were a Beatle which one would it be and why?
John Lennon: Lots of controversy, moments of hallucination, an early death, and really bad choices in love.
4. What feature of Marlowe's London should Rorschach duplicate to really enhance the audience's experience?
Bear-baiting. We can have live shows before the performance and the audience can bet on whether the bear (a random Rorschach company member dressed in a bear suit) or the hounds (2 more random guest artists who have worked with the company, wearing leather and collars...mmm...possibilities...) win the wrestling match.
5. What was your best/worst haircut or body modification for a part in a play?
Hmm, that mullet I had in Myth Appropriations really brought my attractiveness to new depths.
6. If you could go out for a wild night on the town with Kit Marlowe, where would you go and what would you do?
I think Kit would enjoy the Freak Show at the Palace of Wonders on H Street, then a nice jaunt at Chaos for the boys.
7. Can you think of worse way of being killed than being stabbed in the eye? If so how?
Falling face first into a blender.