Friday, June 22, 2007

Get to Know Roni Lancaster


I don't know much about Roni personally. Only know what I see in the set construction photos for the set of birds. So this is just much of a chance for me to Get to Know Veronica "Roni" Lancaster as it is for you. Be kind people she is new and works hard.

1. What is your job in producing birds?

Technical Director

2. When you were a child what if any stories or fairy tales effected you the most?

I think I've always been partial to the fairy tale of Beauty and the Beast. And I don't just mean the Disney version. (Though that was definitely one of my favorite movies as a kid.)

3. Is this the first time you have worked for Rorschach? If no, when have you done for us before? If yes, why did you decide to come and play in our sandbox?

Technically, yes, this is the first time I've worked for Rorschach. (I helped the set designer on the last production for a couple of days .)... The sandbox over here just looked inviting. The people seemed nice - like they wouldn't gobble me up whole. Also, on a funny kind of note, Randy and I have played email tag for the last couple years. Unfortunately during that time I had the crazy schedule of an undergraduate and never had time to work for the theatre. Now that I got my papers and have time, it seemed like the timing was finally right.

4. What is one impossible thing that happens in birds?

You only want one thing?

5. What is you favorite bird?

The Australian (Southern) Cassowary. Have you ever looked at one up close? They're just cool - in that freaky kind of way. With talons like a prehistoric raptor, yet a frugivorous diet; a funny bone sticking out of their skulls; and brightly colored necks, complete with wattles like a turkey's. C'mon - what could be cooler?

6. How do you think or hope audiences will react to birds?

I hope audiences walk away sated. It's a good story about not letting your past control you. Ultimately you control your life and are responsible for its outcome.

7. If you had a theme song what would it be?

It often changes, but lately it's been "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to testify that Roni is awesome. She taught me how not to kill myself with power tools, back in the scene shop at UMD.