Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Get to Know Wendy McClellan

Once again I use the strange shot of director Wendy McClellan from first read. I have another photo of her from the web that she doesn't care for, so I won't use it here. birds continues this week, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8pm.

1. What is your job in producing birds?

Director

2. When you were a child what if any stories or fairy tales effected you the most?

I was really into Greek myths, but I think
Snow White and Rose Red was my favorite fairy tale.

3. Is this the first time you have worked for Rorschach? If no, when have you done for us before? If yes, why did you decide to come and play in our sandbox?

It is! Cuz Jenny and Randy are cool and willing to take a big ole risk. Plus, the theatre is where I used to come to punk concerts in the '80s. It's such a cool space-- this play is gonna look awesome in it.

4. What is one impossible thing that happens in birds?

Come see it and find out!

5. What is you favorite bird?

Starling-- they look so cool in the sunlight with their gold-tipped black feathers.

6. How do you think or hope audiences will react to birds?

I think they'll feel like they've really seen something they can only see in the theatre. And I hope they feel entertained-- laughter will be the best result.

7. If you had a theme song what would it be?

You've Really Got a Hold on Me-- Smokey Robinson and the Miracles

No comments: